LYNABIO Food Grade Indregients Citric Acid
- INCI:Citric acid
- Cas No:77-92-9
- Appearance:Fine white powder, odorless
- PH:Value PH 2.2 (0.1% solution)
- Manufacture:Cultures of the mold Aspergillus niger are fed on a glucose-containing medium like molasses or hydrolyzed corn starch. After the mold is filtered out of the resulting solution, citric acid is isolated by precipitating it with calcium hydroxide to yield calcium citrate salt, from which citric acid is regenerated by treatment with sulfuric acid.
- Standard:GMP, Kosher, HALAL, ISO9001, HACCP
Inherently natural as it occurs in citric fruits, produced by fermentation of carbohydrates
- Acidulant (useful to adjust pH of products to make them more acid / less alkaline)Chelating effect (neutralizes minerals to enhance activity of antioxidants & preservatives)
- Buffering effect (helps to maintain pH between 2.5-6.5 & stabilizes active ingredients)At high concentration shows typical AHA properties (moisturizing, peeling, smoothing, anti-wrinkle effects).
Creams, lotions, shampoos, shower gels, bath bombs/fizzes (combined with sodium bicarbonate).
For safe use do not use at >10% or at pH <3.5. Can be added to formulas as is. External use only.