High Quality Embossing Silicone Gel
- CAS: 541-02-6, 556-67-2
- INCI: Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate crosspolymer
- Composition: Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate crosspolymer
- Appearance: Creamy, semitransparent gel
- Solubility: Water-insoluble, oil-dispersible
- Raw Material Source: Dimethicone and dimethyldichlorosilane
Silicone gel is a non-emulsifying elastomer gel made of an organosiloxane polymer dispersed in cyclopentasiloxane. It is a semitransparent gel that functions as a thickener in formulations while delivering smooth applications. Solids content 20%. Dynamic viscosity at 25°C 125000 mPas.
- Easily spreadable on skin and gives a nice, non-greasy, silky skin feel
- Thick emollient that adds viscosity and substance to creams
- Leaves a non-tacky film on the skin and improves water resistance of formulations
- Can be used as primer under makeup
- Allows easy incorporation of cosmetic ingredients like pigments
- Provides a substantive hydrophobic film making it ideal for use in sun care formulations
Add to oil phase of formulas or after formulation is completed. Typical use level: 1-20% as emollient in emulsions. Can also be used pure directly on the skin. For external use only.
Creams, lotions, sunscreen, makeup, lipsticks, hair care.