Factory Supply Bulk Zinc Oxide Powder
- INCI:Zinc oxide
- Cas No:1314-13-2
- Cas No: 1314-13-2 Appearance:White powder, odorless
- Solubility:Insoluble but dispersible in water and oils
- Manufacture:Zinc oxide is produced from metallic zinc which is melted in a graphite crucible and vaporized at high temperatures (around 1000 °C). Zinc vapor reacts then with the oxygen in the air to give zinc oxide.
Produced from naturally occurring zinc ore, super purity (free from other metals). Particle size 200-1000 nanometer (nm) or 0.2-1 micrometer (µm).
- USP grade
- Reflects sunlight (UVB rays)
- Has soothing effects and can be used for skin irritations
- Whitening effect on skin therefore also used as coverage for makeup products
Sun care & after-sun products, soothing skin care products, diaper creams, mineral makeup.
Can be added to formulas as is, recommended concentration 5-25%. Maximum allowed: USA 25%, Japan no limit. Can be combined with other sun screens & pigments. For external use only.