LYNABIO Food Grade Antioxidant Butylated Hydroxytoluene BHT
- INCI:Butylated hydroxytoluene
- Cas No:128-37-0
- Appearance:Off white to yellowish crystals, characteristic odor
- Solubility:Insoluble in water, partly soluble in ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and oils
- Manufacture:BHT is produced by the reaction of p-cresol (4-methylphenol) with isobutylene (2-methylpropene) catalyzed by sulfuric acid.
BHT =butylated hydroxy-toluene (2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-methylphenol). Melting point 70°C (158°F). Purity 99%.
- Neutralizes free oxygen radicals and acts as potent antioxidant
- Prevents auto-oxidation of organic materials (prevents rancidity of fats & oils)
- Extends shelf-life & stabilizes colorants of cosmetics
For stabilizing all kinds of cosmetics like creams, lotions, shampoos, makeup & sunscreen products.
Add to fat phase, typical usage 0.01-0.1%, best used in combination with EDTA. For external use only.