LYNABIO Cosmetic Grade Organic Candelilla Wax
- INCI:Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) wax
- Cas No:8006-44-8
- Appearance:Yellow prills, odorless
- Solubility:Soluble in alcohol, insoluble in water
- Manufacture:The wax is extracted by adding the mature plant to boiling water. After a while the wax floats to the surface for recovery. The crude wax is then melted in the presence of carbon and clay, pressed through a filter press, bleached with hydrogen peroxide, and filtered again. The bleach is completely neutralized.
Natural vegetable wax extracted from the candelilla plant (Euphorbia antisyphilitica, pedilanthus pavonis) from Northeastern Mexico. Saponification value 43-65. Melting point 69-73°C (156-163°F).
- Non-gelling thickener, viscosity enhancer and plasticizer
- Compatible with most natural and synthetic waxes and resins
- Extraordinary film-forming properties
- Effective emollient
- Adds nice gloss to lipsticks
Creams, salves, ointments, balms, pomades, lipsticks, mascaras, lip gloss.
Warm to melt before use. Add to fat phase in formulas requiring emulsification. Typical use level 2-30%. For external use only.