Supply Cosmetic Grade Glycol Distearate
- CAS: 627-83-8, 91031-31-1
- INCI: Glycol distearate
- Composition: Glycol distearate
- Appearance: Off-white flakes, faint odor
- Solubility: Water-insoluble, dispersible in water & oil
- Raw Material Source: Vegetable oils
Glycol distearate is the diester of ethylene glycol and stearic acid. HLB value 5-6 (gives water-in-oil emulsions). Melting Point: 60-63°C (140-145°F).
- Has good opacifying and pearlizing properties without thickening
- It imparts a distinctive high luster pearl
- Effective emulsifier for creams and lotions but also shampoos and liquid soaps
- Provides a pearlizing effect with minimal foam depression
Add to hot oil phase. Typical use level 2-4%. For external use only.
Lotions, creams, hair shampoos, conditioners, hair rinses, body washes, liquid soaps, hair pastes, liquid soap.