LYNABIO Everything You Need To Know About Pentavitin?
What is Pentavitin?
Pentavitin(otherwise known as Saccharide Isomerate) is a clear to slightly yellow to amber colored, viscous liquid made from plant-derived glucose or fructose wherein atoms are so arranged as to be identical to the carbohydrate complex (NMF) found in human skin. It binds with the natural skin complex enabling deep and long-lasting hydration.
The unique part is that, unlike many popular skin hydrating ingredients, it cannot be washed away easily. It can penetrate deeply as the size is almost a fraction of most other hydrating ingredients. It can only be removed through the natural shedding of dead skin cells.
- Relieves itchy, flaky, dry skin, helping it to feel soft and smooth
- Instant hydration that lasts for up to 72 hours
- Strengthens the skin’s natural defenses in preventing dehydration
- Rapid restoration of skin barrier function
- Reduces unwanted effects of skin dryness caused by hand sanitizers
- 24-hour body calming
- Boosts skin hydration for 24 hour and even with frequent showering
- Takes skin from dry to normal just one hour after washing
…in a post-shower body moisturizer
…in a moisturizing soap bar
- 275% more moisture after a single application
- Helps protect skin against dehydration
- Strong cumulative moisture recovery effect with repeated use of PENTAVITIN®– even after daily showering
- Performs strongly in high pH conditions
- 24-hour moisture boost & lock
- Hydration booster of glycerin
…in a shampoo
- Visible hydration power and sebum reduction for a healthy-looking scalp
How to use Pentavitin?
Pentavitin is being used in formulations for dry and problematic skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and other xerotic skin conditions. Its anti-aging properties can be harnessed in UV exposed skin as well.
It is suitable for all skin types including the most sensitive skin and can be applied once or twice daily. For skin preparations, the addition of 1-5 % Pentavitin is recommended. Only after the first use, you can see how your skin starts feeling happy. With regular use, the skin becomes smoother and radiant. The results are visible just after one hour of application and long term results are observed after one month of use.
Pentavitin, when used in cleansers, should be the first step of the skincare routine. It cleanses without drying, leaving skin smooth and supple. I would always choose a cleanser that gives immediate intense and long-lasting hydration. Apart from cleansers if used as a moisturizer or in serum form, it can be used as a day cream or night cream after cleansing for total skin comfort. In the daytime top it up with good sunscreen to keep your skin healthy.
Synergy of Pentavitin with other skincare ingredients
Pentavitin is gaining a lot of attention as the new hydration hero. For me, it’s like a game-changer. It is available as serums, moisturizing creams and lotions, hydrating cleansers, moisturizing shampoo, and conditioner. Alongside, certain combinations work the best with this particular ingredient.
- It can be combined with hyaluronic acid or glycerin for intense hydration.
- It can be used in combination with AHA and /or niacinamide as an exfoliating serum to exfoliate, brighten and moisturize the skin.
- Pentavitin can bind to the skin even in low pH conditions, so it can be combined with alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Shea butter and hyaluronic acid can be combined with it to form a hydrating cleanser.
- It can also be used with hyaluronic acid, Allantoin, and shea butter as a face wash for dry sensitive skin.