LYNABIO wholesale Food additive Cas 149-32-6 sweetener erythritol powder
Chemical formula: C4H10O4
Molecular weight: 122.12
CAS number: 149-32-6
EINECS number: 205-737-3
Melting point: 118-120℃
Boiling point: 330℃
Flash point: 208.7 ° C
Refractive index: 1.537
Appearance: white crystalline powder
Solubility: Highly soluble in water, soluble in pyridine, slightly soluble in alcohol, almost insoluble in ether‘
What is Erythritol?
Erythritol, a stuffed sweetener, is a four-carbon sugar alcohol, C4H10O4. Erythritol is widely found in nature, such as fungi like mushrooms, lichens, melons and fruits like melons, grapes, pears can also be detected in a small amount, in fermented food wine, beer, soy sauce, Japanese sake. Can be made from glucose fermentation, for white crystalline powder, with refreshing sweet taste, not easy to absorb, stable at high temperature, stable in a wide range of pH, when dissolved in the mouth has a mild cool sense, suitable for a variety of food.
Vitamin U characteristic:
- Low sweetness: the sweetness of erythritol is only 60%-70% of sucrose. It has a cool taste at the entrance, pure taste and no bitter feeling.
- high stability: very stable to acid and heat, acid resistance and alkali resistance are very high, at 200℃ temperature will not occur decomposition and change, will not occur Maillard reaction and discoloration.
- high heat of solution: erythritol dissolved in water with endothermic effect, the heat of solution is only 97.4kJ/kg, than glucose and sorbitol absorption heat are high, edible with a cool feeling.
- Solubility: at 25℃, the solubility of erythritol is 37% (W/W). With the increase of temperature, the solubility of erythritol increases, and it is not easy to crystallize crystals.
- low hygroscopic: erythritol is very easy to crystallize, but in 90% humidity environment will not hygroscopic, easy to be crushed to get powdered products, can be used for food surface to prevent food hygroscopic deterioration.
The production of erythritol can be divided into microbial fermentation and chemical synthesis.
Erythritol can increase the sweetness, weight and lubrication of the drink, while reducing bitterness, and can mask other odors and enhance the flavor of the drink.
Erythritol has the functions of nutrition, health, function and low calorie.
Erythritol can produce a variety of sweets of good quality, and erythritol can contribute to a good cool taste. Erythritol also has a good texture and non-hygroscopicity that lacttol and crystalline maltitol do not have. At the same time, it is good for the health of teeth and will not lead to dental caries.
- Erythritol is a natural zero-calorie sweetener.
- Erythritol tolerance is higher.
- Erythritol has a lower average glycemic index and a lower average insulin index, so it has less effect on blood sugar and has antioxidant activity.
- Erythritol is the highest dissolution absorption heat, its cooling sensation is the highest.
- Erythritol is basically non-hygroscopic, and other sugar alcohols have varying degrees of hygroscopicity, so non-hygroscopicity increases the application field..