LYNABIO Do you want to know more about Ginseng Extract?
Ginseng is an herb that is rich in antioxidants. Research suggests that it may offer benefits for brain health, immune function, blood sugar control, and more.
Ginseng has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries.
This slow-growing, short plant with fleshy roots can be classified three ways, depending on how long it is grown: fresh, white, or red.
Fresh ginseng is harvested before 4 years, while white ginseng is harvested between 4–6 years, and red ginseng is harvested after 6 or more years
There are many varieties of this herb, but the most popular are American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) and Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng).
American and Asian ginseng vary in their concentration of active compounds and effects on the body. According to some older research, it is believed that American ginseng works as a relaxing agent, whereas the Asian variety has an invigorating effect
Ginseng contains two significant compounds: ginsenosides and gintonin. These compounds complement one another to provide health benefits
Use in herbal medicine
Ginseng has a sweetly aromatic flavour. Its root has long been regarded by the Chinese as a panacea for illness, though it was usually used by them in a prophylactic (preventive) rather than a curative manner. Pharmacologically, ginseng is nonspecific in its effects and is capable of a normalizing action irrespective of the pathological situation. Ginseng’s effects include improved mental performance, learning, and memory and sensory awareness. The basis of ginseng’s action is believed to be due to certain chemical agents in it that increase the brain’s adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) activity without involving the adrenal glands. A generalized mental arousal is thereby effected.
What Is Ginseng Extract Powder?
- There are 3 different types of ginseng that have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. The contents and effects of the species are the same.
- It is called Korean, American and Asian ginseng .
- The type called Korean ginseng is also called “red ginseng” .
- The roots of the plant are the most healing place and are used in powder form or in small pieces cut from the fresh root.
- Although it has been used in Far Eastern traditional medicine since ancient times, there are no scientific studies on the plant that have been tested on humans.
- For this reason, it would be right to consult a doctor before starting to use the plant.
- Ginseng powder is obtained from the fleshy roots of the plant and is sold in tablet or powder form.
- Those who use ginseng powder take this product as a food supplement.
- However, people who are over a certain age and have a chronic disease, and who are constantly taking medication, should consult their doctor before starting ginseng supplementation. Otherwise, they are likely to face the side effects of the plant.
- The main use of ginseng is its roots, but its leaves are also known to be medicinal. The leaves, which are not as effective as the roots, are quite expensive.