LYNABIO Supply hot sale microcrystalline cellulose powder
What is microcrystalline cellulose?
Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), mainly composed of β- The straight-chain polysaccharide combined with 1,4-glucoside bond  is a white, odorless and tasteless crystalline powder composed of extremely fine short rod-shaped or powder-shaped porous particles that can flow freely and hydrolyze natural cellulose to the limit degree of polymerization (LODP) after dilute acid hydrolysis.
In general plant fibers, microcrystalline cellulose accounts for about 70%, and the other 30% is amorphous. Microcrystalline cellulose is widely used in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and other industries. Different particle size and water content have different characteristics and application range.
The microcrystalline cellulose is obtained from plant cellulose after hydrolysis, and the approximate process is: hydrolysis of dilute inorganic acid solution α- Cellulose, wherein α- Cellulose can be made from the cellulose pulp of cellulosic plants. The hydrolyzed cellulose is filtered, purified, and the slurry is spray dried to form porous particles with widely distributed particle sizes.
- Functional use: adsorbent; Suspension agent; Thinners for tablets and capsules; Disintegrator for tablets
- Product category: cellulose | pharmaceutical excipients, food additives
- Product properties: white or almost white powder, odorless and tasteless. This product is insoluble in water, ethanol, acetone or toluene.
- CAS No.: 9004-34-6
Function of microcrystalline cellulose
Microcrystalline cellulose can stabilize foam and emulsion, especially during high-temperature processing; Forming gel with ointment texture; Improving the heat resistance of pectin and starch gel; Improve adhesion; Replace fat and oil and control ice crystal growth. The reason why microcrystalline cellulose can stabilize emulsion and foam is that microcrystalline cellulose is adsorbed on the interface and strengthens the boundary facial mask. Microcrystalline cellulose is a common ingredient in low-fat ice cream and other frozen dessert products.
In the pharmaceutical industry, microcrystalline cellulose is often used as adsorbent, suspension aid, diluent and disintegrant. Microcrystalline cellulose is widely used in pharmaceutical preparations, mainly as a diluent and adhesive in oral tablets and capsules. It can be used not only for wet granulation but also for dry direct tablet pressing. It also has certain lubricating and disintegrating effects, which is very useful in the preparation of tablets. It has the following advantages over starch or starch derivatives:
(1) It is easy to disintegrate, that is, the drug is easy to disintegrate after entering the stomach and is absorbed by the body.
(2) It is not easy to mildew because cellulose is β Type A glucose configuration, while starch belongs to α Type configuration. Generally, amylase does not attack cellulose.
(3) Cellulose is not absorbed by the human body, and it is not easy to react to the loaded drugs, so it is safer. Its disadvantage is that the price is on the high side.
Application of microcrystalline cellulose
In the food industry, microcrystalline cellulose is a functional food base material – dietary fiber, which is an ideal health food additive. It can maintain the stability of emulsification and foam; It can maintain the stability of high temperature and improve the stability of liquid, and can also be used as a nutritional supplement and thickener. Many meat products, quick-frozen food and ice cream are added.
In the cosmetics industry, microcrystalline cellulose is used as a blending material for a variety of cosmetics, skin treatment and care products, as well as the manufacture of cleaning detergents. It combines the functions of filling, thickening and emulsification, and has good emulsification ability for oily substances.