Product Name:Butterfly Pea Flower powder
Latin Name:Clitoria ternatea
Apperance:blue purple fine powder
Application: Food supplement
Partical size: 800-1200 mesh.
Place of Origin:Shaanxi, China (Mainland)
Butterfly pea powder known as the famous “blue matcha”, butterfly pea is taking over cafés and kitchens around the world with its majestic hues and health benefits.
This powder has magical colour changing powers! Simply add a few drops of lemon juice to the powder in water or tea and watch the transformation from blue to pink!
Butterfly pea tea has an incredibly sensitive pH balance, meaning even the slightest shift in acidity can turn a beverage from deep blue, to a vibrant plum, to a fizzy magenta. The drink becomes a sippable chameleon: The more acid that comes in contact with the tea, the lighter in color it becomes. From pH 8 to pH 4, the tea is a regal shade of blue. It quickly shifts into deep purple terrain at pH 3, and finally bursts into carnation pink territory at pH 2.
Benefits of Butterfly Pea Flower powder:
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is Natural anti-oxidant
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder improves blood circulation.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder Helps prevent hair loss and graying hair.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder Cleanses blood
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder improves night vision
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder revitalizes skin & hair.
Main functions of Butterfly Pea Flower powder:
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder has function of relieving internal heat; anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory;
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is used for suppressing sarcoma S180, anti-tumors;
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder can cure tonsillitis, mastitis, smooth the asthma etc;
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder can improve the leucocyte deficiency symptoms so as to enhance the body’s immune function;
- Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is effective in dealing with trichomonad vaginitis, flagellate disease, amoeba dysentery and fungus dysentery, etc.
Application of Butterfly Pea Flower powder:
- In Southeast Asia Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is used as a natural food colouring.
- In Malay cooking, Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is used to colour glutinous rice for kuih ketan (also known as pulut tai tai or pulut tekan in Peranakan/Nyonya cooking) and in nyonya chang.
- In Kelantan, east part of Malaysia, by adding a few buds of this Butterfly Pea Flower Powder in a pot while cooking white rice will add bluish tint on the rice which is served with other side dishes and such meal is called nasi kerabu.
- In Thailand, a syrupy blue drink is made called nam dok anchan , it is sometimes consumed with a drop of sweet lime juice to increase acidity and turn the juice into pink-purple.
- In Burmese and Thai cuisines, Butterfly Pea Flower Powder are also dipped in batter and fried.
- Butterfly pea flower tea is made from the ternatea flowers and dried lemongrass and changes color depending on what is added to the liquid, with lemon juice turning it purple.